Newsletter

 

Oh No, Rain! Run!

Driving in the rain of Southern California
Posted December 19 2007 06:29 PM by DPImpreza 
Filed under: Editorials

Rain Road Sign

Ah, southern California, a place where the weather is beautiful 90 percent of the year.  It's a shame that the other 10 percent of the time, the general population completely loses their ability to drive when the smallest bit of water touches down, and Mother Nature throws a wrench into their perfect, climate controlled world.


To those of you who have driven during "Winter Storm Watch 200..." in SoCal, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  It's been raining the last couple days, and the roads are a joke.  People either drive like there's black ice everywhere, or completely ignore the fact that the roads are wet and cause 20 car pile-ups.  Darwinism at its finest.

Driving home from work the past couple days has been an adventure, to say the least.  Either I get boxed in by people going 20mph in the left lane while freaking out as if they're driving in a hurricane, or traffic is dead stopped due to some moron flipping their SUV on their roof because of bald, neglected tires and poor driving skills.

It's understandable that things like this happen considering there is normally zero bad weather in southern California, but people still need to learn how to drive.  Heaven forbid the skies open up and let down the wrath that is 1 inch of rain!  Make sure you stay posted, checking the news coverage of "Winter Storm Watch 2007."  Dun Dun Dun...

I think I found the perfect recipe for moron soup.  Take a bunch of bad Californian drivers, let them loose on the roads, and just add water.  

I think it's safe to say I will be avoiding all major freeways on my commute tonight.  Rant officially over, thank you.



0 comments
  • RSS Feed
    • Add to My Yahoo!
    • Add to Google
    • Subscribe on Bloglines
    • Subscribe on NewsGator
    • MyMSN
    • My AOL
    • Add to NetVibes
    • Add to Rojo
    • Add to NEWSBURST
    • Add to Technorati
    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOGS


Import Tuner
Import Tuner